The Blade of the Raven Queen
A deft bull-jumper from Corinthia.
Human, Female, Monk 6 (Way of the Open Hand)
5’4"; 134 lbs; black hair braided in a mohawk tail
Proficiency Bonus +3
Str 16 (3) Dex 18 (4) Con 17 (3) Int 12 (1) Wis 16 (3) Cha 10
HP 51 (51)
Hit Dice 6d8 (used )
Death Saves: Success / Fail: /
Athletics (Prof + Str mod = +6)
Acrobatics (Prof + Dex mod = +7)
History (Prof + Int mod = +4)
Insight (Prof + Wis mod = +6)
Religion (Prof + Int mod = +4)
Tools: Musical Instrument – Shawm (Prof + Dex mod = +7)
Simple weapons, short swords
- Monk weapons: short sword and simple weapons which aren’t two handed or heavy
Languages Corinthian, Ophirean, Aquilonia, Stygia, Kuth, ArgosseanFeats
Resilient (Wisdom: +1 and gain proficiency in those saving throws)Equipment
Explorers backpack (bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 8 torches, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50’ hemp rope)
Holy symbol (Hera), prayer scroll, 5 sticks incense, vestments, common clothes
1/2 gold bar (200 gp worth)
Potion of Greater Healing 4d4+4 qty: I
Periapt of Wound Closure https://the-blade-of-the-raven-queen.obsidianportal.com/items/magic-item-jade-cameo
Short Sword https://the-blade-of-the-raven-queen.obsidianportal.com/items/magic-item-short-sword 1 Silver tipped spear* +8 1d6 + 1 + Dex mod
Darts (8) +7, 1d4 + Dex mod piercing 1/4 lb. Finesse, thrown (range 20/60)
Javelin (10) +7, 1d6 + Dex mod pierce 2 lb. Thrown (range 30/120)
Unarmed attack +7, 1d6 + Dex mod bludgeon
- while you are wearing no armour and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Wisdom modifier.
- No. of Ki points = monk level. Regain ki points after meditating for at least 30 minutes during a short or long rest Used
- Ki save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier (DC 14)
- Flurry of Blows: Immediately after you take the Attack action on your turn, you can spend 1 ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.
- Patient Defence: You can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on your turn.
- Step of the Wind: You can spend 1 ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on your turn, and your jump distance is doubled for the turn.
- Base Movement is 45ft while not wearing armour or wielding a shield.
- When unarmed or wielding monk weapons and you aren’t wearing armour or wielding a shield:
- You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes and monk weapons.
- You can roll a d6 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or monk weapon. This die changes as you gain monk levels.
- When you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.
- You can use your reaction to deflect or catch the missile when you are hit by a ranged weapon attack. When you do so, the damage you take from the attack is reduced by 1d 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your monk level.
If you reduce the damage to 0, you can catch the missile if it is small enough for you to hold in one hand and you have at least one hand free. If you catch a missile in this way, you can spend 1 ki point to make a ranged attack with the weapon or piece of ammunition you just caught, as part of the same reaction. You make this attack with proficiency, regardless of your weapon proficiencies, and the missile counts as a monk weapon for the attack. (20’ / 60’)
- You can use your reaction when you fall to reduce damage by 5*monk level.
- Open Hand Technique
When you hit with Flurry of Blows, you can impose one of these three effects on the target:
- It must succeed a Dex Saving Throw or be knocked prone
- It must make a Str Saving Throw or be pushed up to 15’ away
- It can’t take reactions until the end of your next turn
Use the Attack action, you may attack twiceStunning Strike
When you hit with a melee weapon attack, you may spend 1 ki point; target must succeed on a Con saving throw or be stunned until the start of your next turn.
Unarmed strikes count as magical for overcoming resistances and immunity to nonmagical attacks / damage.
Wholeness of Body
As an action, regain HP = 3 x monk level (18)
You were born under The Sign of the Serpent on Ascensium the 18th.
This Sign is associated with the Cosmic Serpent that encircles the World. Those born under the Sign of the Serpent are creative and open-minded thinkers, but often have trouble making their ideas into reality.
Birth Omen: When you were Born a Red Stag was seen nearby crashing through the underbrush, wolves nipping at it’s flanks trying to take it down. The midwife predicted that you will lead a life of Danger, filled with Violence.
You were an Only Child Born in a Free City State of Corinth to lettered Parents. Your Father was an Alchemist, Mother was an Aristocrat (Noble but not from a hereditary title).
Your Father was a Family Ally – very close and would almost always take your side in family arguments and your Mother Was a Family Friend – She liked you and you get along well.
You were an Apt Pupil during your Childhood
As a child you were tutored in an additional language
You have always had difficulty working with tools +1 DC to all Tool Checks
You have never been easily cowed. You may choose to reroll the die when making a save vs being Frightened. You must take the second result. 2x/long rest
You have difficulty reading people and guessing their intentions or motivations +2 DC to Insight Checks
Your parents enrolled you in a well known Gymnasium run by a Talented trainer (Poseidonios)
Your Life path. (contacts and friends and allies will count when in your country of origin or if you place them elsewhere)
A Favour. A highborn member of your Culture owes you a Favour. You gain them as a Contact, and one time only they may be treated as an Ally.
Group Contact. You gain the attention of a powerful group in your Culture – a guild, Temple, Order, fraternity, merchant House, etc. You may treat any member of that group as a Contact. (The Bullfighting Organization?)
Fine Affair. You had a pleasant affair that ended, but ended well, and you are still fairly close to your former Lover. Gain a Friend.
Musical Friend. You meet and befriend an entertainer from your Culture – a bard, singer, musician, or perhaps a courtesan – who can help you socially, either by introducing you to the “right people” or perhaps even composing and performing works about you. Gain a Friend
Acolyte of Corinthian pantheon (focusing on Hera)
Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Religion
- Feature: Shelter of the Faithful *
Personality trait: I quote / misquote sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
Ideal: Tradition; the ancient traditions of worship and sacrifice must be preserved and upheld.
Bond: Everything I do is for the common people.
Flaw: Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else.